The Hampden County CoC covers all cities and towns within Hampden County MA. The City of Springfield, through the Office of Housing, serves as its lead.
FUNDING & STRATEGIC PLANNING
The CoC receives an annual grant from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, which funds many of the CoC’s permanent and transitional housing programs, as well as the CoC’s Homeless Data Information System (HMIS). The CoC submits an annual application for this funding, which includes information about the CoC’s performance, its strategic planning goals, and a description of the services and programs within the CoC. Documents related to the annual application are posted here.
- FY2016 CoC Application: Coming Soon!
- FY2015 CoC Application
- FY2014 CoC Application
- FY2013 CoC Application
The CoC coordinates its activities through General Membership meetings and conducts its work through a number of committees:
- CoC Application Committee
- Performance and Outcomes Committee
- HMIS and Data Committee
- Network Committees: Individual Services Committee, Family Services Committee, Unaccompanied Youth Committee, and Veterans’ Homelessness Committee
Get details for these meetings and more at the Network Events Calendar.
The Hampden County CoC is operated in accordance with its Governance Charter, approved by CoC members in September 2013. A Board of Directors oversees activities and progress.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
PROGRAMS & PERFORMANCE
The CoC includes 68 housing programs operated by 24 providers. The CoC evaluates its programs on a number of HEARTH-related measures.
- Hampden County CoC Coordinated Housing and Services System
- 2014 Program Performance Report
- 2013 Program Performance Report
The CoC uses Efforts To Outcomes (ETO) by Social Solutions as its Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) application. Training, coordination, and technical assistance is provided by the City of Springfield. The City’s HMIS Coordinator is Deborah Merkman.
- HMIS Overview
- CoC HMIS Governance Charter
- HMIS Policies and Procedures Manual
- HMIS Privacy Plan
- HMIS Security Plan
- HMIS Data Quality Plan
GRANT MANAGEMENT AND GUIDANCE FOR COC-FUNDED PROVIDERS
CoC grants are managed by the City of Springfield Office of Housing.
- CoC Grant Project Sponsor Guide
- City of Springfield Internal Grant Management Policies and Procedures
- CoC Leverage Guidance
- Guidance on Nondiscrimination and Fair Housing Policies
The Hampden County CoC has an email newsletter, which provides regular updates about our local work. If you’d like to get these regular updates, sign up below.
For more information contact Gerry McCafferty, CoC Administrator, at the Springfield Office of Housing.