Please join the Mass. Coalition for the Homeless and other partners to advocate for passage of the Act to Provide Identification to Homeless Youth and Families. You can find the factsheet here.
The Hearing in support of this bill will take place on:
Monday, November 13
State House, Hearing Room 1-A
Please reach out to your Senator and Representative to urge their support of Senate Bill 1906 (sponsor Senator Harriette Chandler) and House Bill 2737 (sponsor Representative Kay Khan). You can find your legislator by going here: https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator
The Network’s Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Committee is a strong supporter of this bill.
Please convey your support!
- very useful to get big-picture info (not client specific) around the work that is being done; very helpful and informative
- very important to have the opportunity for both CoC’s to come together and exchange info,
- challenging to deal with meeting overload in general; would be good to examine: what are we doing, what is the goal, what needs to happen to get us there
- Possible suggestions for reconfiguration included: inserting brief big picture updates at the start of case conferencing meetings (but it was noted that that would not allow for CoC’s to come together); meet bi-monthly or quarterly as a regional committee meeting, rotating facilitation duties; switch off between veterans and individuals so that still one monthly meeting
Veterans Committee Meeting Minutes – October 27, 2017
- the Network veteran meetings are very valuable for ensuring communication up and down the 91 corridor and for providing opportunities for innovative collaboration (e.g., the implementation of new systems to identify veterans in Hampden County Corrections flowed from these meetings). Everyone in attendance felt very committed to continuing to meet (and attributed this meeting’s low attendance to known conflicts, noting high level of attendance in preceding meetings)
- Meeting every 2 months, alternating between Springfield and Northampton would be sufficient to accomplish their goals
- Rotating the coordination of scheduling and reminder notice/agenda creation could be accomplished by committee members
- At our next meeting we will discuss assigning “volunteer” facilitation roles and schedule meetings for 2018
- Pamela will relay this discussion to the Network’s interim steering Committee which is meeting on Nov. 20 to discuss next steps for Network planning.
- Confirmed next meeting date (previously scheduled) for Friday, Dec. 1, 9:15 am, MHA